Friday, February 18, 2005

Ode To Nyquil

i meet you in the late night hour
feeling a wee bit ill
you come in all your glorious power
disguised as just a pill

my need for you is greater now
than er i can recall
living without you, i don't know how
what's that coming out of the wall

through the night my mind went wild
with vivid dreams and nightmares
but you brought sleep to this child
and woke me without cares

moving slower than i have before
i feel as though i'm gliding
whatever the day should have in store
i'll meet it with glad tidings

the road is moving awefully slow
as to work i drive
trying to remember if red means go
it's a wonder i'm still alive

nyquil what have you done to me
you've got me so confrused
thinking to stop you with morning coffee
strange how easily i'm amused

in 12 hours you should have gone bye bye
and now the munchies are here
as i feel your effects wear off, i sigh
and meet dayquil without fear

1 comment:

Volchuck said...

MD incredible flow, you got skillz to pay tha billz. Looking forward to all the great poetry. Lets see some shirley Q style - show me what ya workin wit