Friday, September 08, 2006

The Back to School Crazies

I am beginning to run low on pictures, but found a few that I thought would make for a fun post. This picture describes without words the typical night at our house. Kenz is quite the mess! Notice the excessive use of underwear as a hat and over her pajama pants, and the nicely hiked up pants with shirt tucked in tightly.

Last night she wanted me to read her a book. One book is never enough, though I did not get home until after nine and therefore one book was all we had time to read. Kenzie has started giving me big hugs after I read to her to try with all her might to keep me from getting up and turning out her light. And when I say all her might, I mean, she bear hugs me and then mashes her face into the pillow trying to use her light weight self to weigh me down. This sometimes works when I am tired and get so tickled by her efforts that I am laughing too hard to get up. Her other favorite new thing is the bedtime burrito, where I wrap her up in her comforter real tight.


On the school front, last week I started back to school after a very enjoyable four months off. It was hard to go back, but for now, it is only one night a week! For those who haven't ever seen it, I thought I would post some pics of the Union University Germantown campus...it is an old church building.

The campus isn't too far from where I work and it is in a safe area of town...a nice change from Southern Avenue at the University of Memphis.

2 comments:

Elvis, J.D. said...

It used to be a safe area of town, well, until you came into it!!

That is my old church. Many fun stories of that place. If only the walls could talk??? I lived through some of my most sad, my most joy filled, and my most memorable moments within and around those four walls. My first job was there, too!

The Felkins said...

very cool! thanks for sharing!