Thursday, January 08, 2009

Homeschooling...Back In Session!

Well, we have almost made it through our first week back to the books. Mason's curriculum has arrived, we are just waiting on my favorite addition to his studies...are you former USJ-ers ready for this??? I ordered The Word Within The Word by Michael Clay Thompson for Mason to use as his vocabulary! Funny how excited I was to find this online, when I am quite certain I did not love it this much when I took it, but it did teach me a lot. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a great start to the new year! Hopefully fun pictures to come!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so funny! I don't remember loving it either but I can recall times when I knew what words meant b/c of it!!

Mimi said...

Mary D,
Please save it for me! It really was so helpful on standardized tests.

Whitney and Dan said...

how great! i will say it was very useful!

Anonymous said...

Oh you didn't! I actually heard him speak at a gifted conference 2 years ago and Word Within the Word is VERY popular in gifted ed. curriculum they use in all over the country and he is VERY well respected. You are right---these words are helpful and the stems as well---although I didn't like it much either! What a boring cover! JACLYN