Friday, October 10, 2008

What Is That Noise?!?

This morning as Kenzie and I were just settling in to school, we began to hear a noise. It sounded much like a small dog yapping just outside the window in the back yard. Kenzie and I discussed what it could be very briefly. My curiosity finally got the best of me and as I walked out toward the front door of our house, I must have startled the yapping animal. The next thing I knew, I heard the rapid fluttering of wings as the bird dive bombed me (flashbacks from my childhood of being chased by a bird around a friends bedroom)...thus began the screaming! For some reason,that didn't seem to really help the situation. Before I could figure out where it was, it was in the air again. It flew into the kitchen, where I proceeded to keep a safe distance in the hallway. John was kind enough to come down stairs, where he calmly opened the kitchen window to let that birdie free. I'm pretty sure if Kenzie and I had been here by ourselves, there would have been lots more screaming and bird poop in our house!!! Thank goodness John is working at home!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I would have paid money to be a fly on the wall for that one! How funny - somehow I can picture you doing that!