Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sense Poems

First Birdie

green a little ways away
fresh air and pollen and grass
sticks rattling and birds singing
rubber in my hands
victory and a birdie coming along
love this game

By Mason


Hawaii

pretty sparkling water
wet sand
dolphins laughing
sand beneath my feet
coconut on the palm tree
water is flowing fast

By Kenzie


I was very excited with how these turned out! And, I think the kids even enjoyed writing these. The poems started out with the kids following this pattern:

a. I see...
b. I smell...
c. I hear...
d. I feel...
e. I taste...
f. I think...

Then we removed the pronouns, verbs and articles as needed. Hope you enjoyed them!

1 comment:

Sacrifices of Joy said...

Always enjoy reading the poems and my girls have enjoyed writing their own as well!! Thanks for the link!!