Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scooters and Scrapes and Soccer...Oh My!

The picture above is of Kenzie on her scooter! John, my official blog photographer, took this fun action shot of her. All blog posts need a picture, don't ya think!?

As I sit here and type this, I am reflecting back over our day...it was pretty eventful. John and I started the morning with a long bike ride. We had school and then I took John to the airport. After rooms were cleaned, Mason went to the golf course and Kenzie played with her friend on the street, until she had a run in with the concrete. Poor thing came in the house crying and was scraped up on her elbow, hands and her entire upper right leg, and I mean ENTIRE. With a little doctoring of the wounds, some ice cream, and some TLC, she was back up and playing in no time! After dinner, we swung by to pick Mason up from the golf course on our way to Kenzie's soccer game. We tied, but it was a great game. I even jumped out of my chair, screaming at the top of my lungs when we scored! For some reason kids soccer gets me really worked up...it is the cause of the few gray hairs I've found. Despite all of her scrapes and bruises, Kenzie played like a champ! Now the house is quiet and everyone is clean and in bed...whew...is it bed time yet?!?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It looks like you guys are always doing something fun! I can only imagine you sitting during a soccer game - now that makes me laugh!