Friday, August 04, 2006

Community and Such...

Life at our house is good! We had a very fun visit from my little bro, Matthew, and my daddy this week. They came in town to bring the boys a memory card for their Xbox and to visit and have dinner with us. That was an awesome treat!

Justus and Maison are training for the Bartlett triathlon, which is this weekend. John took them to the pool last night for another swim workout. I stayed home to work on thank you notes and relax, but hear they did very well. I'll let you all know how they do in their race!

Yesterday afternoon Kenzie ran into our room with panties on her head...that girl is too funny. She then proceeded to ask John to help her with pigtails so that she could have one pony tail coming out each side of the panties that were on her head! It was impossible not to find humor in that!!!

In other fun news, last night John and I went to visit a potential community group. It was a fun and casual get together with some couples that go to our church. Cal and Lindsey are going to lead the group, so we met at their house and had a yummy dinner. Everyone was very nice, and John and I both left excited about the group and what God will do in and through us. I knew most everyone there, but mostly just as acquaintances, so it will be fun to really get to know them!

We are off to the lake this weekend and then to visit with my fam in Jackson on Sunday before Stephen and Cecilia leave the country for a couple months! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay- so it looks like I had a little too much fun at the shower- I promise I am completely sober!
Would love to see any more pictures you got :)
It was great visitin' on Sunday