Wednesday, August 02, 2006

High of 90 and 100% Chance of Snow

Memphis has the strangest weather! You may be wondering if my sanity has finally left me...and I'm quite certain it has. That said, I saw it with my very own eyes. Yesterday as I pulled in the driveway I noticed that the ground in front of our house was completely white. Come to find out Kenzie and two of the kids down the street had emptied a big box of those styrofoam packing peanuts all over the yard. Love them! I think the feeling was mutual though, because their excitement was overwhelming ;o) when I told the kids to pick them all up. They then proceeded to scatter the little white peanuts all over the yard, maybe hoping it would make them less obvious and I might not notice. Much to their disappointment, I did notice and the fun game of pick up began again! Aren't I super fun!?! Needless to say, I will be surprised if they do that again! I found the picture on ebay...they will sell anything. This item sold for $6.50.

2 comments:

Jonathan Gray said...

If the peanuts they scattered all over the ground look like the picture you posted, they can be easily dissolved with water (they're cellulose). Although, I'm sure they learned a valuable lesson by playing 54000-peanut-pick-up! So the next time something like that happens, think sprinkler!

The Felkins said...

:) Well, I don't think they looked exactly like that, but it would be worth a shot...