Friday, February 27, 2009

Poetry Days 6 and 7...

Somehow, I have misplaced Mason's poem from Day 6. Day 6 was "I Don't Understand."

I Don't Understand

I don't understand
Why some dogs are big and some are small
Why you hair turns white when your old

But most of all
Why some plants are green and some are yellow
Why fish don't have legs
Why my Dad has big hands

What I understand most is
Why jeans can be light or dark
Why some people like pink and some people don't

-Kenzie Felkins

Yesterday we were on Day 7, the Just Because poems! The kids both had to write a poem that started out with Just because I'm...

I had them all typed up and then decided not to post them, because the kids both really poured their hearts into them and wrote about things that are sensitive to them. I did not want someone to read them, that might not understand their sometimes fragile hearts, and without meaning to, tease them about sensitive subjects. Poetry and our home should be a safe place for them to share their hearts. So, I hope you will understand that I will only share the light-hearted ones (which will probably be the majority, since we love to have fun) on our blog! They are doing a wonderful job with the poems! I am so proud of their work!!!

3 comments:

Sacrifices of Joy said...

How fun!! I think I remember Eliz. telling me you were homeschooling! It is so much fun, but also challenging for me to be creative! That's why blogs are so much fun - so we can get new ideas!! Are you going through a poetry book? If so, I'd love to know what it is! We are Dave fans also!! I listen to him while I clean whenever I can! Good to find you on here!

dian said...

Love your love for the family....and the precious respect for feelings. What a blessing!

Elissa Roberts said...

Tell the kids their poems are beautiful! What wonderful writers you have!