Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Bargain Shopper

My mom is at it again! Who knew that her bargain shopping would come in handy during the wedding. We have been on the mad hunt for cute, reasonably priced bridesmaids dresses, that could be worn again for something other than just the wedding. Earlier this week we came across a dress that everyone agreed was very cute...only it was going to cost just under $300, and that did not include alterations! Well, yesterday I was sitting down to lunch when I got a call from my mom. She explained to me that she had found some really cute dresses, bridesmaid dress potential mind you, at TJ Maxx for the ranging prices of $12-$15. I don't know why I was surprised, my mom always found my formal dresses for about $25. But still, I just had to laugh! Leave it to my mom to assist my bridesmaids in officially being a part of the cheapest wedding ever (as far as a bridesmaid is concerned that is). It is likely that the groomsmen will pay more to be in the wedding than the bridesmaids...this might be a wedding first!!!

Now, if only we could get her to "bargain shop" the rest of the wedding...sorry, Dad, something tells me this may be the only place she finds huge savings!

1 comment:

hannah said...

Way cute dress... thats an amazing find! Then again, fits with your amazing relatinoship so thats carrying the theme..! Does you mom take clients yet? Sounds like she could beat out any of the tv personal shoppers!