Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Early Morning Running Buddies...

I have to admit that I am very spoiled when it comes to running! This morning Aimee showed up at my house at 10 after 5 and we had so much fun, running and talking and laughing! For the past year, I can only remember a handful of times having to run by myself...which must be the reason why I do not really look forward to making my way out all alone in the cold. I know, I'm pitiful!!! For those of you who don't know, I have been running with the same group of girls about 4 mornings a week since the summer of 2004. They are an amazing group of women, and they never hesitate to speak truth into my life. We encourage, challenge and entertain one another at 5am. It makes running fun!

I can still remember Stephan asking me if I wanted to start running at 5 in the morning during the week. Though I thought we were crazy, I said "Sure, count me in!" We started meeting at my house at 5 to run our route, which depending on the day is somewhere between 4 and 6 miles. Over the course of about a month, Stephan added two other girls to our group, Beth and Aimee. Though we were all in different phases of life, we all hit it off and quickly became great friends! And we were reminded on one summer run that though we are all in different places, we all are in need of the same thing, Jesus. As Beth said, He is the only thing that satisfies.

Running with these girls is always a highlight in my day. I finish my run and start the rest of my day encouraged to seek after the Lord. We share with one another, encourage one another, pray for one another, and have a TON of fun being together! It is always a surprise to see what is in store each morning, whether we will talk serious, talk casual, or Beth will bust out with her favorite Britney Spears song. My running buddies are a HUGE blessing and have helped to carry me through the past two years. Thanks girls!

No comments: