Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lab Works

Ah the joys of lab! So far, my anatomy and physiology lab has been pretty much hands off...until last night. We checked heart rates and took blood pressure. I must say, that was much more fun than answering questions and playing a computer game that is supposed to take the place of a blood lab. At one point, my lab partner thought I did not have a pulse, we weren't sure if I was still alive! She ended up recording my resting heart rate at 56 with an on average blood pressure of 100/60. The first time she took my blood pressure she got 90/65. Once I finally was able to hear my lab partner's pulse, I found her blood pressure to be 140/90. We were at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum.

So after an hour spent in the lab, much of that time on the floor laying down for different lab tests, it was by far the most interesting, educational and relaxing lab yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MD,
I hear ya! Love those labs!! You'll be great as a nurse. Can't wait for you to join my field.
Regan