Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Decisions, Decisions!

Ya know, there's a lot that goes into planning a wedding. Thankfully, my mom loves this stuff and has been a huge help, reserving places and peeps! I couldn't do it without her...in fact, without her, I would surely elope! No, really I would, just ask John! I'm quite certain he's going to get tired of me asking "are we there yet!?"

On Monday I played dress up in the wedding dress store and looked at all sorts of fancy breakables (i.e. china and crystal) at a fun little place in Jackson. I could not decide what I wanted to try on, so I told my mom to just surprise me with a few! At the china place, I reminded my mom that we are not looking for all dainty, but more so durable. Though in the long run, we may want some of the pretty breakables, we also need to consider some everyday eatery that is practical (holds a lot of cereal) and will hold up. That said, so far, my mom and I have had similar taste on just about everything, which surprises me somewhat seeing as how I'm a simple girl and my mom likes the fancy! I have been known to tell her that things are too cute for me...My way of politely saying "I don't like it." However, I think over the years she has adjusted to my tastes and I may have picked up on a few (I'm sure it's just a few) of hers.

Just now I am contemplating an e-poll to help with wedding decisions...wouldn't that be fun if I left all of the decisions of the wedding up to my closest family and friends!?! While I have not yet created my first e-poll, I was just wondering...what is your favorite thing about weddings?

4 comments:

Elvis, J.D. said...

I was thinking about doing a poll, too. I started that sort of with church music.

I am going to do it for something else in the wedding.

My favorite thing about the wedding for me is the Wedding Night! THAT IS JUST A JOKE!!

I like it when the doors swing open and the bride comes into the room. I am into pomp a little more than others, so I think it is always awe inspiring. Plus, it is always fun to watch the expressions of people in the room and especially the bride and groom. It is always a reminder of the church and Christ and of what a grand entrance he made into our lives and what a grand entrance he will make when he returns for the church. Sorry for the run-on sentence and long post.

Other than that, as most guys, my favorite part of the wedding is food and going home!

hannah said...

I agree with Matt on the first part- Favorite is seeing how happy & joyful the bride, groom, families are. My favorite weddings haven't been the biggest or most expensive productions...just a sence of awesome community at their wedding. Reminds me of Biblical stories where Jesus enjoys feasts and wedding parties too! Of course the get-down dance floor is my second favorite part.

The Felkins said...

well, get your dancin shoes ready...according to mrs. p, dancing there will be!

Anonymous said...

Lets not do a poll on who the groom is. I like the current pick!