Friday, January 20, 2006

Write This Down...

Some of you who know me, know I love to journal my prayers. As of late, I have gotten out of the habit of doing so, due mostly to laziness I guess. Earlier this week, I had a little extra time on my hands and picked up my journal to write. After writing out my prayer for the evening, I decided to peruse through a few of my previous entries to see what I had brought before the Lord...as I read through the pages, it was neat to remember back to those moments in my life and I was all of a sudden struck by how many prayers had been answered. Days of prayers back to back all lifting up different needs, and without fail they all were answered. Funny thing is, I had not stopped to recognize those answers when they came, and therefore did not see God's faithfulness nor did I sense the greatness of His majesty until I stopped to remember! I have been inspired to journal regularly again. And though I may not realize the answer right away, I am thankful that I can look back over my prayer life and praise Him for the great things He has done and for His constant presence and guidance in my life! Sometimes all we need to do is remember...

4 comments:

Volchuck said...

Awesome Post, I believe satan doesnt want us to take time to spend writing out our prayers or just time in the Word because inevitably when we come close to God His faithfullness always shines through. I did the same thing recently with my journal from way back that was sparcely written in, all the prayers were answered, and the ones that are answered "no" got a huge praise from me because they werent what God provided. everything he providied instead, was so much better.

Elvis, J.D. said...

Thanks for that encouraging post. God is more faithful than we can ever imagine. Aren't you glad that He doesn't sit and keep count of when we are thankful for what He has done and we are not thankful for what He had done? I know I don't have that kind of mercy.

- O - said...

Dang! I really wanted to write something funny, but just think it's not appropriate after the seriousness of Matt-n-Chuck. Amen.

The Felkins said...

oh, please do not hold back! humor is very much appreciated.