Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Love Surprises!!!

This weekend, I got the best surprise...

Friday night, John came and picked me up at my house. We went over to his house, and as we walked in, I saw the kids' heads popping up over the stairs. I laughed and told John that I saw them pop up over the stairs. He told me that they were wanting to see him do this...and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes and think I was pretty much speechless for a while after that. He totally surprised me!!!

This picture is from Saturday morning at my parents' house!

8 comments:

Elvis, J.D. said...

Congrats. We're all excited. What a wonderful time for all!

hannah said...

WOO-HOO!! I love how he completely suprised you..and that the chilren's were peeping too! You caught me off guard in Target..so I'm glad you got my screaming phone message later. What amazing year it has been..and is going to be! again, woohoo!!

Elvis, J.D. said...

Have we not taught you anything? You are supposed to take pictures with you standing on the left with your left hand prominently displayed on him so that all the world can see the Bling!

The Felkins said...

hmmm, i guess not! thanks for the info, you know i need all the help i can get...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You two have a wonderful and inspiring story. I am very happy for both of you!

Jonathan Gray said...

Congrats, Mary D! Have you set a date yet?

The Felkins said...

we are planning for july 15th!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I am so happy for you both! It is so great to see how God has blessed y'alls relationship.. You are an inspiration to us "singletons!"
Maybe y'all should take your act on the road :)
Congratulations!