Friday, January 13, 2006

Meet my fam...

From left to right Matthew, Mom, Stephen and Dad. This is the most recent picture I have of all of them. Don't they look nice? This is how they dress all the time!

I have the greatest parents in the whole world, they have always been super supportive, encouraging, loving and giving.

We give my mom a hard time about her shopping addiction (she really does have one!), but gift giving is one of her love languages, and for those of you who know me well (especially my roommates from college) you know through that expression alone, my mom does an awesome job of showing me her love. You also know that I do not really share my mom's love for shopping, in fact I can think of a million things I would rather do than shop. That said, I do share her love for gift giving! I love to give gifts of meaning, that are well thought out!

We rarely harass my dad, but from time to time, when he makes a random statement, we poke fun using a line from one of his finer moments (which he often fails to remember happening) "I've got binoculars." My dad always gives, and constantly lets us know how proud he is of us. I am the only girl in our family, so I'm a complete daddy's girl. My daddy is the person I get my super goofy sense of humor from. He is also the tender hearted, yet strong leader in our family. Almost every time I go home I like to curl up next to my dad on the couch...beside him I feel safe! I think the neatest thing about my dad is, I believe he is best example I could imagine of our Heavenly Father.

My bros! Stephen and Matthew are two of my favorite men in my life. They always tell me I am their favorite sister...aren't I special!?!

Stephen has been a huge encouragement and support to me. We have always been close, but after having lived together for 3 years after college, we became even better friends. Stephen has a desire to do God's will in his life. When he moved to augusta, he made it his mission to befriend other people who were new to the area. He loves God's people and acts on those gentle nudges we get from the Holy Spirit. I admire that about him. Stephen recently got married to the most wonderful girl and is living too far away!

Matthew is the giver in our family. He loves to do things for other people and go without credit. Spending time with Matthew, I always know, just by being around him that he loves me! He has a gentle spirit and a desire to give. This christmas, Stephen's wife, Cecilia, spent her first Christmas away from her family. Her birthday is on Christmas eve. When we had all gone to sleep for the night on the 23rd, Matthew went out and bought birthday decorations...he decorated the kitchen, the hallway and her door! He is so thoughtful! I am so proud of my little bro!!!

1 comment:

hannah said...

You so have such an awesome & solid family! I knew that even before I had the chance to officialy meet them- its stamped all over you! How wonderful that 05-06 is a growing year for your family- woohoo!!